Sunday, January 28, 2007

Warm, frozen, boiling, then chilled

Nope, it's not a recipie it is my experience of heat today. The flat was very warm most of the day but then it was another -15C windchill day so then you go to freezing cold. The boiling was me overheating (as I tend to do) during an indoor football match (9-0!!!... to them) and then being more nicely heated after a shower and in writing this.

It's been a good weekend so far, with the Reel Out festival going well and then with M having friends over from Ottawa. Two very nice guys who made the time fly by. And jeez did we eat! I am on steak/red meat overload and am expecting to either grow muscles like Schwarzenegger or add another two inches to my unhappily expanding girth (but if I am honest, that is mostly down to escaping the workload with beer on Tuesdays and Thursdays). And with both of them also being gay, this makes the weekend the most Queer-intensive experience so far.

Right, I have get on with my reading for this coming week (a book by a couple of chaps who want to be the 21st Century's version of Marx; a historian of science and technology; and the big-beard Marx himself) and I want to get in a few minutes of R&R on the couch with a cold drink beforehand.

Until sometime soon...

No comments: